Skip to Main Content

++

Chapter 2. Coronary Anatomy for the Interventionalist

++
++
++

The coronary microvasculature is defined as:

++
++
++

A. Arterioles that measure less than 200 μm in diameter and are easily visualized on conventional coronary angiography.

++
++

B. Arterioles that measure less than 200 μm in diameter and are not visualized on conventional coronary angiography.

++
++

C. Arterioles that measure greater than 200 μm in diameter and are easily visualized on conventional coronary angiography.

++
++

D. Arterioles that supply deoxygenated blood to the myocardium.

++
++

E. Arterioles that are unable to vasodilate or vasoconstrict in response to stimuli.

+
++

The correct answer is B.

++
++
++

The right coronary artery:

++
++
++

A. Originates from the left sinus of Valsalva.

++
++

B. Gives off the conus artery in 90% of cases, whereas the conus artery originates from a separate ostium in the other 10% of cases.

++
++

C. Gives off the sinoatrial nodal artery in 90% of cases.

++
++

D. Gives off the conus artery, which may be an important source of collaterals to an occluded left anterior descending artery.

++
++

E. Gives off the posterior descending branch in 10% of cases.

+
++

The correct answer is D.

++
++
++

Myocardial bridging:

++
++
++

A. Has been reported in 40% to 80% of autopsy cases.

++
++

B. Is an acquired variant that can develop in any coronary artery.

++
++

C. Is best diagnosed with coronary angiography.

++
++

D. Causes symptoms in most cases.

++
++

E. Is most commonly treated with surgery when symptomatic.

+
++

The correct answer is A.

++
++
++

Which of the following statements is true regarding benign coronary anomalies?

++
++
++

A. Separate ostia of the left anterior descending and left circumflex arteries (absence of a left main coronary) are the least common.

++
++

B. Many fistulas demonstrate high flow with significant left-to-right shunts.

++
++

C. A long left main coronary artery is an imaging hallmark of an anomalous circumflex coming off the right coronary artery.

++
++

D. The right coronary artery coming off the left sinus of Valsalva is the most common.

++
++

E. A ...

Pop-up div Successfully Displayed

This div only appears when the trigger link is hovered over. Otherwise it is hidden from view.